Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, October 2, 2020

An Invitation to Greater Revelation and Understanding

 This morning I felt like I should read from John 14, these are some of my favorite scriptures, and they are the foundation of much that I believe to be true for us as followers of Jesus.  Here are the verses - John 14:10-12,19-21,25-26 NIV:


[10] "Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. [11] Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. [12] Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." 


[19] "Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. [20] On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. [21] Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” 


[25] “All this I have spoken while still with you. [26] But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."


In my mind, as I noted before, are some of the most important scriptures for us to press into in our lives.  They speak of a two-way conversation, an in-dwelling of God in our lives, intimacy, and constant revelation and guidance.  I believe these set the boundaries, if you will, of what our expectations should be for our relationship with the Lord.  Jesus came to demonstrate what was possible as a man, fully human.  He showed us what an intimate relationship with the Father, through the Holy Spirit looked like, and was constantly pointing back to the Father as the source of all He did and said.


I love that we are promised that the Holy Spirit will teach us "all things" through that some intimate, in-dwelling relationship!  I know I certainly need to know much more than I know now!  


The other day I was praying for a greater release of revelation and understanding, specifically around the area of what God is saying, and I was reminded of Helen Keller, and the first time her teacher was able to help her understand that she could communicate, for Helen was blind and deaf.  Without going into the story, it was beautiful moment and the turning point of Helen's life when she realized that she could understand and communicate in a way previously unknown to her.  It was a completely new paradigm for Helen, and enabled her to make a quantum leap in her relationship with everything and everybody.  I felt like the Lord was bringing this to my mind as an example of new revelation that could transform my ability to understand and communicate.  It was essentially an invitation to press into Him, looking for a new paradigm, a quantum leap if you will in my ability to learn from Him.  What a cool image!  I know for me, I feel blind and deaf to His ways and words!  I am generally unaware of what's happening in the spiritual realm around me, in much the same way that Helen was unaware of what was happening around her in the natural realm.


This morning I feel like the Lord is wanting to open that invitation up to us all.  He desires that we know more, and has sent the Holy Spirit to us, to live within us to help us understand "all things".  He desires deeper relationship with us, and wants us to be released into greater revelation, greater understanding of Him, His words and His direction, that we might better represent Him.  All I can say is AMEN, yes Lord!   Help me step into this greater revelation, open my understanding to new ways of communication with You.  


Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment