Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, June 24, 2024

Faith and Employment


I felt led to reflect on these verses this morning - Colossians 4:2-6 NIV:

[2] "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. [3] And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. [4] Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. [5] Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. [6] Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

This morning I am thinking about these verses, and how they apply to some work related opportunities, and while it seems a bit strange, I feel that these verses are for me today, especially verses 5 & 6.

Sometimes we tend to separate our work from faith, and I don't believe the Lord sees us that way.  He is better than any earthly Father, and most earthly Dads take delight in the success of their sons and daughters, in every aspect of their lives.  The Lord does care about every aspect of our lives, and does not only speak to us about our faith, or relationship with Him, but about all things we are experiencing and living.

I have a good example of how the Lord cares about our lives, and knows us intimately, and cares about even the smallest of things.  One day I was driving in the car with my honey and her birthday was coming up and I wanted to make her a cake, and wanted it to be her favorite cake.  The only problem was that I didn't know what her favorite cake was!  I wanted it to be a surprise, so I couldn't just ask her.  So while driving, in my thoughts, I prayed to the Lord and asked Him to help me figure out what Tina's favorite cake was.  No sooner had I prayed that prayer, then my sweetheart turns to me, completely out of the blue, and says, "You know I just love Lemon Cake!"  I couldn't believe it!  If the Lord cares about our birthday cake, He certainly cares about our work, our lives, and our happiness.

There have been many times where I have been struggling over and issue at work and taken that issue to prayer, and had the Lord give me clear instructions.  Jesus tells us that the Holy Spirit is our helper, and while we often assume that means in terms of faith, I believe this carries over into our personal lives as well. Here is what Jesus said John 14:26-27 NIV:  "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. [27] Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Lord, You do care for me.  You care about my work situations.  I trust in Your provision and guidance and ask that You will guide me into all truth, and give me peace in the midst of difficult situations.  Help me to have grace for those I work with and encounter and help me to always represent You well in all my ways.  Lord, You know exactly what needs to happen and said, and I ask that You help me to be that voice.

Amen and Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment