Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Spirit Without Limit!

This morning I was struck by the reality of these verses!

John 3:34-36 NIV:
[34] "For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. [35] The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. [36] Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them."

I like that statement of Jesus, that God gives the Spirit without limit!  What an unbelievable, but necessary truth!  God limited Himself in Jesus taking on the Human form, but we hear of nothing of God limiting Himself, or taking on a nature as Holy Spirit.  Thus the Holy Spirit in us, is the Holy Spirit!  We are not walking around with an anemic, watered down Holy Spirit, reduced to man-size.  No, we are walking around with the Holy Spirit,, member of the Trinity, living within us!

I am reminded of a scene from Thor Ragnarok, where Thor is being defeated and he has this encounter with his father, and his father says,  "You are The God of Thunder, not Thor, bearer of the Hammer of thunder," or something like that.  The point was prior to that Thor always depended on His hammer, but it was his true nature, that which was in Him, that was full of a God's power.

In the same way, but much greater, we have in us the Holy Spirit, yet we walk around like the weak humans we are, and barely see or experience this Holy Spirit without limit evident in our lives.  Where are the miracles, signs and wonders, confirming signs of the Holy Spirit??   We must learn to walk in who we are, and in what we have been given!

Who are we?

Answer - sons and daughters of God!

What have we been given??

Answer - The Holy Spirit Without Limit!

Oh Lord, help me to fully understand this great gift that we have been given, Holy Spirit!  Help me to walk in the fullness of who I am and what I have been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment