Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, August 12, 2019

Flip Those Chains

This morning I felt like I should read from Isaiah 14, and saw something I don't remember having read before, although I know for sure I have read it several times.  I like it when something new is highlighted, as it seems there is something fresh the Lord is saying.  Here are the verses that grabbed my attention this morning - Isaiah 14:1-2 NIV:

[1] "The Lord will have compassion on Jacob;
 once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land.
Foreigners will join them and unite with the descendants of Jacob.
[2] Nations will take them and bring them to their own place.
And Israel will take possession of the nations and make them male and female servants in the Lord's land.
They will make captives of their captors and rule over their oppressors."

This is actually a pretty interested couple of lines.  I could focus on several things, but this morning my heart is drawn to the theme of overcoming.  I don't mean from a political or power perspective, but rather personally.

If one were to read these lines as pertaining to internal struggles, captivity to strongholds of sin, thought patterns, deception or anything else that can keep a person bound or captive, that is my what is on my heart this morning.  What a message of hope!  I love that last line - "they will make captives of their captors, and rule over their oppressors. 

In Jesus, who has defeated all the forces of the enemy, who has destroyed death and broken the gates of Hell, who has paid the price for all of our sins, who has given us His righteousness, we have the opportunity and ability to do exactly what is described here.  Jesus is not bound by any chain, or any power!  He is not oppressed by the enemy, nor suffering defeat as his hand!

If we join ourselves to Jesus, and become hidden in Him, then we will experience victory!  We will command those things that have bound us, and rule over them, in Jesus and through Jesus!  We don't have the strength on our own, but in Him the victory has already been won!  We can flip the chains, and bind those things that we have been bound by!

Lord, Thank You for all that is available to us in You!  Help us to settle for nothing less than what You have won for us!  2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV:  "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment