Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, June 5, 2020

Filling My Mind...

I am in a state of brain-blank this morning... so I thought I would fill it up with something good, and turned to Psalms.  As I turned there, I felt like I should read Psalm 19:7-14 NIV:

[7] "The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 
[8] The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 
[9] The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous. 
[10] They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb. 
[11] By them your servant is warned;
in keeping them there is great reward." 

[12] "But who can discern their own errors?
Forgive my hidden faults. 
[13] Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me.
Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression." 

[14] "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I love how this is really a bit of David's self talk.  He is reminding himself of the truth he has learned and experienced.  It is like he is giving himself a pep-talk, and in large part that is what I need to do today!  

I need to remind myself... 
of God's goodness, 
of the blessing of relationship with Him, 
of His constant love and affirmation, 
of His speaking into my identity, 
of His unrelenting love, 
of His endless forgiveness and mercy,
of His gentleness,
of His authority and power,
of His Glory and Majesty,
of His wonderful creation,
of His love for His Body here on earth,
of His Kingdom,
of His miraculous signs and wonders,
of His desire for me,
of His love for me,
of His peace which passes my understanding,
of His thoughts, which are higher than mine,
of His ways, which are different than mine, 
of His perspective, which is perfect,
of His provision,
of His constant leading and guiding hand,
of His wisdom,
of His command to love one another, as He loves me,
of His invitation to daily take up my cross and follow Him,
of His equal love for everyone else,
of His sacrifice for me,
of His call to me,
of His preparing a place for me,
of His humility,
of His seat in authority in heaven,
of His finished work,
of His kindness,
of His ability to speak His perfect word into my life,
of His plans for me, which are full of hope,
of His overwhelming love!

May meditations and words be pleasing to You, Lord!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment