Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, October 5, 2020

Waiting On Revelation

 This morning I am reflecting on the book of the Prophet Habakkuk, definitely not my daily reading selection, but one that I find quite interesting.  In the first chapter of his book, Habakkuk has a complaint against God, that He isn't responding to the cries for help. In the second chapter, God responds, and says something that I have been letting rumble around in my spirit this morning.  Here are the verses - Habakkuk 2:1-3 NIV:

[1]" I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint." 

[2] "Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. [3] For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

I feel like the invitation has been issued to wait on the Lord, to see Him proclaim His word and then fulfill it!  This is certainly not outside our normal expectation of God, at least not for me, and I am wondering why I have been given these verses to reflect on today?

One thing that definitely stands out to me is the invitation to linger, to wait, to put our hope in God's ability to release His answer at the appointed time, at the perfect time.  We are so limited in our understanding of God's ways and purposes and plans.  We cannot see what He is doing, often until after He does it.  Its easy to look backwards and see His hand at work in our life, but sometimes we need to look forward and see that God is engaged, even if we can't see it or understand it, knowing that He is working is helpful, and causes us to hope!

This morning I had a dream where I was riding my bike across a city I lived in a long time ago.  I had  decent idea of where I was going, but the intricacies of the exact route, or the many route options were more than my past knowledge of the this city could handle so I needed to look at a map.  The map showed me where I was at present, and I could see the path I needed to follow to get to my home.  I could also see alternative paths, that would also get me home.  

This is EXACTLY what revelation of the Lord is like.  He provides a revelation that provides direction and understanding of our present situation, as well as our future destination.  Oftentimes, we think we know how we will get from Point A (Where we are) to Point B (Where He says We will End up), but often the route is different then we think, another path that gets us to Point B.  Additionally, the route guidance the Lord provides us, is very timely, and we need to wait until we are at the point where a turn is required, before He tells us which way to go.  However, the key point is that He knows the route that is best for us, and will provide us the guidance we need, when we need it.  He does have a destination (a destiny) for us, and He is willing to tell us what it is!  His revelation is both definitive (Defining our destiny) and dynamic (guiding us actively on our route). 

My encouragement this morning is that God has a plan, a path, and a destination planned for me!  He invites me to look to Him, to wait on Him to reveal His plan, purpose and next direction.  He won't lead me astray, He won't get me lost, He hasn't forgotten about me.  Even if I have made wrong turns, He can still get me to that final destination.  His revelation is worth waiting for, for in that revelation we receive a glimpse of our destiny, our identity and even our route. 

Lord, help me to see and to hear Your directions and guidance, I am waiting for You to speak!


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment