Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Wet Footprints


This morning I felt led to read through some of Paul's letter to the Galatians.  His words are always a fresh reminder and helpful for encouragement.  Here are the verses that stood out to me this morning - Galatians 5:6,13-14 NIV:

[6] "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

[13] "You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. [14] For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Recently I was reflecting on the faith versus works/deeds discussion, and this morning these verses seemed to settle nicely into my soul.  I like the idea of "faith expressing itself through love" for that seems to add a very helpful perspective on James comments about faith and deeds (see James 2: 14-18).  "Faith expressing itself through Love" is clearly action oriented, but action motivated by love which is founded in faith.  

If love is the primary action of our faith, then the verses above (13 & 14) flow out of our faith, for our natural outflow would find us serving one another in love. Our vertical relationship and love with God, should fuel our love for our brothers and sisters, for they are exactly that, our brothers and sisters!  Our love should be more than mere words, or loving thoughts, as John wrote in his first letter (1 John 3:18).  

The invitation this morning is to allow our faith in, and our love of the Lord, to be our primary motivation in our daily lives.  Our understanding of God's love for us, the salvation He offers us, and His desire for relationship should spur us forward in our love and service of our brothers and sisters, not just in the Body of Christ, but even those who have yet to fully understand God's love.  Imagine what the impact would be if the outflow of the Church was humble service pouring forth from love!  

Lord, help me to embrace Your words today, to embrace this invitation to allow my faith to be expressed through active love!  Help me to embrace and rest in Your love for me, allowing this reality to overflow and saturate my being, soaking my daily words and actions.  I want Your love to be the source of my wet footprints in my day!

Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment