Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, June 14, 2014

A River of Love

This morning I have been just resting in the Lord's presence, enjoying my time alone wth Him. Here are few verses I was meditating on from Psalm 36:5-10 NIV:

[5] "Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
[6] Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.
[7] How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
[8] They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.
[9] For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
[10] Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart."

I am so amazed by the love of the Lord and His constant, abundant, unfailing and unchanging love. It is out of this abundant stream of love that everything else flows from the Lord. He truly is the fountain of life.

I was just thinking how that which is primary with the Lord, is what He asks for first in return. The first commandment reflects this in Deuteronomy 6:4-5 NIV:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." We are invited to love Him in return for the love that He pours out on us continuously.

So let us drink deeply from the river of His delights and let us pour back to Him our love, with all our heart, soul and strength. He is worthy. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment