Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Finishing His Work in Me - Help Needed


I am really struggling this morning to stay awake.  Sorry Lord, I quiet myself and the next thing I know I am snoozing.  I was kind of drifting this morning and heard the phrase "finishing my work".  I happened to be open to James' letter and saw the following verses:

James 1:2-5 NIV:

[2] "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, [3] because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. [4] Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. [5] If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."

I am pretty sure that I would rather suffer through immaturity and incompleteness than face trials of many kinds. It's probably just me, but there are times that I struggle to have good thoughts, let alone good actions.  Testing and trials produce perseverance but my flesh would rather just give up, or give in.  I usually have good intentions, but somewhere along the way, the intentionality gets lost in laziness and distraction.

I am so grateful that the Lord knows my heart, and everything about me,  because then He knows my heart and intentions and does not just observe my outward expressions of belief and obedience.  I know that my actions are often not in line with my heart, but I am getting better.  Because He walked among us as a human, He understands our limitations and struggles.  I believe that is one of the reasons He has provided us the Holy Spirit, who lives in us and helps, strengthens and guides us.

I know I need His help and His perspective (Wisdom) and I am grateful that God gives that to me without finding fault.  I know I just asked for it yesterday and I need a fresh dose today.  I do need Your help, Your wisdom, Your power, and Your guidance.  I desire to persevere, to run the race, to follow-through, and I know on my own I am not capable.

Thank You Lord, that You know that about me and still love me.  I pray that You will complete Your work in me, that I might be mature and complete, not lacking anything!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment