Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Kingdom Mathematics = Exponential

As I woke up this morning, the idea of spiritual or one could say "kingdom" mathematics popped into my head.  Recently I have been looking at Kingdom economics, so I guess it is only sensible that I look at the mathematics that the Holy Spirit uses.  There were a few instances that popped into my head as the subject was raised so I thought I would share them first and then review the principles demonstrated.

Deuteronomy 32:30 NIV:
"How could one man chase a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the Lord had given them up?"

Mark 8:19-21 NIV:
"When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”

“Twelve,” they replied. [20]

“And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”

They answered, “Seven.”

[21] He said to them, “Do you still not understand?”


Acts 2:41 NIV:
"Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day."


Looking at these first three verse selections of which I was reminded in the moment of the Lord introducing this idea, we find what would generally be considered exponential mathematics.  The Lord doesn't simply add, or even multiply, although those words are used when we talk about the story in a Acts (people were "added to their number", or Mark where we refer to this miracle as the multiplication of food).

We could actually write these different verses using mathematics equations:

1 = 10 to the 3rd, 2 = 10 to the 4th

5 = 5 x 10 to the 3rd

120 (actually it is just Peter preaching so really 1) = 3 x 10 to the third.

Isn't it interesting that when the Lord breathes on something, it seems that it causes a factor of a 10 to the 3rd increase (thousand-fold).  I wonder if that has anything to do with the Trinity?  Anyway, as I was thinking about this, I felt the reason the Lord wanted to bring this up was that He doesn't want up to underestimate His plans or abilities, and settle for less than He desires to bring.  We pray for addition, maybe multiplication, but He wants exponential growth and fruitfulness.  If we believe the Lord is going to move, then we need to prepare for exponential growth!

I am reminded of a couple more verses as I am writing this - found below:

2 Kings 6:15-17 NIV:
"When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked. [16] “Don't be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” [17] And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."

Psalm 68:17 NIV:
"The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands; the Lord has come from Sinai into his sanctuary."

Daniel 7:10 NIV:
"A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened."

The idea that is being communicated is that the resources of God are unlimited!  He has countless multitudes to direct and draw upon.  We need to learn to think more along His lines of thinking, exponentially!  God doesn't want us to be satisfied with addition or multiplication, although those are good, He wants us pressing into Him for true Kingdom growth and expansion.

Lord, I don't know how this all works, or what Your specific plans are for me, but I know what You have illustrated in Your Word, to teach us and guide us.  You are so far beyond our comprehension, we don't want to limit ourselves to what we can think and do.  We want to see You glorified in and through us to the greatness of Your majestic and powerful name!  Lord, we want to understand!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment