Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

It's a New Day!



I was just sitting here, and the thought, "It's a New Day" passed through my mind.  Now that isn't my normal morning thought, more like "crap, another day of work..."  I decided to pay attention to this thought and let it resonate in my heart and mind, believing it is from the Lord, and He has purpose in speaking this to me today.

My first thought after hearing that phrase was from Lamentations 3:22-23 (NLT): "The faithful love of the Lord never ends!   His mercies never cease.23 Great is his faithfulness;  his mercies begin afresh each morning."

It is a good thing to begin the day thinking about the faithfulness of the Lord!  His faithful love never ends, his mercies never cease, in fact they being anew every day, for eternity!!  His love never ends, never changes, and is always there, waiting to shower down upon me!  I can definitely look forward to a day of experiencing His faithful love, a day of new mercies! 

This helps me step away from anything that would try to cling to me, any residue of the days before.  Regardless of how good yesterday was, or how bad, today is a new day!  I can leave all that behind and press forward into that which the Lord is doing today!  I can press forward to experience His love anew, to experience His faithfulness, His new mercies. 

I am reminded of Paul's famous lines from his letter to the Philippians 3:12-14 NIV:  "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. [13] Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, [14] I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Lord, I thank You for this opportunity to reset my heart and mind this morning.  I don't know how the day will go, but I do know  that You are faithful, that You will express Your faithful Love for me, and that You will provide new mercies for me today!  

You do have a plan and purpose for me, and today I can press forward into them, for I certainly have not seen or experienced the fullness of either in my life yet!  Lord, thank You for all the past blessings, and provision, Your faithfulness in the face of the storms of life, your enduring Love, patience and forgiveness!

Thank You for this new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment