Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Memories

This morning I am reminded of Christmases past, of family celebrations both as a child and as a parent watching my children enjoy the beauty of Christmas morning. 

I am reminded of times my grandparents made the drive to our house for Christmas, or times we went to their house, with their metallic Christmas tree. 

I am reminded of gifts stacked around the Christmas tree, all of us kids waiting at the top of the stairs for our parents to give us the ok. 

I am reminded of years with our kids, us up early to fill their stockings, sitting by the fire in the library while we opened gifts. 

I am reminded of years where Christmas was white and we would spend Christmas Eve sliding at Pamela Park, trying to kill some time before festivities began. 

I am reminded of singing Happy Birthday to Jesus, gathered in our hallway in front of the statue of Mary and Jesus my dad carved. 

I am reminded of so much, and while the memories are sweet, I am reminded that today we are really celebrating the Son of God coming to earth. He is the true gift and we are all the recipients.

I am reminded that we have been celebrating His birth, for centuries now, and His birth is just as impactful today as it has ever been. Let us celebrate Jesus today, and the choice He made to freely come and set us all free!  His incarnation was a choice, birthed out of love! 

I am reminded that ultimately today is a celebration of love, God's love for us, our love and gratefulness to God.

John 3:16-17 NIV:
[16] "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

No comments:

Post a Comment