Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Progressive Revelation In The Bible


This morning as I sat down to pray I was reminded of an article I read recently on progressive revelation.  It is a well written piece that walks through how and why we should understand the Old Testament in light of the revelation of Christ Jesus, and the New Testament.  This idea and approach to understanding the scriptures has been very helpful in my life, and my hope is that it is helpful to you as well.  Rather than paraphrase, copy or provide quotes, I am just going to include the link to the original article.  If you are unfamiliar with the concept, or even understand this approach, this is a worthwhile read.  

Here is the link: https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_1203.cfm

Please note this about Christian understanding of Scripture, not to confused with some of the other "progressive revelation" stuff out there.

I pray the Lord blesses your understanding!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment