Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, April 3, 2023

Snow: Rain Stored Up For Another Season


Yesterday during worship we were singing some songs about the River of God, and the flowing of His provision, and such.  There are many great verses in the Bible talking about the river of God and His rain.  As we were in worship I asked the Lord to open my spiritual eyes, and what I saw was a picture of snow piled up, and was reminded of some of the pictures I have seen from the Lake Tahoe Area.  

As I reflected on this image I was thinking that basically snow is rain that falls in the wrong season, and I felt corrected in my understanding.  Instead I was given to understand that,  "snow is rain that has fallen {and is being stored up} for another season that is yet to come."  That thought seemed to have some real significance.  

I started searching my bible for verses relating to snow, and was reminded of the following - Isaiah 55:10 NIV:  "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,"

As I began to reflect on this word, I came to understand that the picture was of God's provision being stored up, and the season is coming where that provision will be seen and recognized.  Often times in my life, if I have a need, I will begin praying and sometimes the response of the Lord is very quick (rain).  Other times, it seems like His response is delayed, but when it comes, it is apparent the Lord has been working in the background all along, and His planned provision has been piling up and gets released quickly.  I believe this type of experience represents the picture of piles of snow that I saw in my mind's eye.

Further more, I felt that as it is in the natural with spring upon us, that many of us will soon experience a spiritual spring that will release an abundance of the Lord's provision!  I believe that many of us are waiting on the Lord, waiting for Him to move or bring release, waiting for a change of season.  I believe that new season is quickly coming upon us, and we will experience the wonder of seeing things long stored up being released over us, and into our lives.

Come Lord, release those rains You have stored as snow!

May the Lord bless you abundantly with new grain, new bread, new provision, all brought about by His stored up provision of rain/blessing!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment