Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Strengthen Our Inner Being


This morning I was reading through Paul's letter to the Church in Ephesus, and trying to let his words and understanding penetrate my being.  Sometimes when I read these verses, it is like I have never seen them before, other times they are like old friends that I know well.  This morning, I was somewhere between the two experiences. As I was reading, the verses that resonated with my heart are found in Ephesians 3:16-21 NIV:

[16] "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, [17] so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, [18] may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, [19] and to know this love that surpasses knowledge---that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 

[20] Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, [21] to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Lately, I have been reflecting on my walk, my knowledge of the Lord, my awareness of Him, and I find myself lacking.  I have been praying for greater revelation, enlightenment and awareness of His moving in and around me, and these verses, this prayer of Paul, rang true for me.  I need everything Paul is praying!

I echo Paul's prayer, Oh Lord...

I need Your strengthening!

I need it to penetrate my inner being!

I need to be aware of Christ dwelling in my heart!

I need to be rooted and established in love, as my foundation of relationship with Him!

I need the power of the Lord to grasp how wide, long, high and deep His love is for me and for His Body.

I need to know His love that surpasses all knowledge.

I need to be filled to the measure of all fullness of God.  (One wonders what that measure is, certainly more than we can imagine!)

I pray that God may be glorified through me, through His power at work in me!

Oh Lord, I can achieve none of this, I look to You as the only source, the only one able to answer these prayers!

Oh Lord help me!

Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment