Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Love, Our Life's Melody


This morning I felt led to the following verses - 2 John 1:3-6 NIV:

[3] "Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love." 

[4] "It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. [5] And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. [6] And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love."

My recent focus on the New Commandment that Jesus gave us to love each other, is here the primary focus of this letter of John.  He goes on to warn against anyone that is not bringing this truth or preaching that Jesus didn't really come in the flesh.  This is essentially the whole focus,, and encouragement to continue to walk in this truth, in this command!  

I do love that John does not lose sight of this singular command and call.  

I so appreciate Paul's focus on the importance of Love found in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NIV:

[1] "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. [2] If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. [3] If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."

Our first and foremost activity and characteristic should be love.  It is foundational, and should be the purpose behind all our actions.  It should be the melody of our lives, and our lives together should be in harmony with all those whole follow the Lord!  Our daily walk should be filled with love, emanating love, exuding love! 

Oh Lord, forgive my judgmental, frustrated and impatient ways!  Forgive me for allowing my focus to be me, and my wants and needs, rather than love.  Help me to embrace You command to love one another!

Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment