Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, September 12, 2011

God's Perspective

Yesterday morning I was praying in a different room of our house, and as I was looking around I noticed how easily I could see the lines of perspective (Artist term).  I was thinking about how I could change my position in the room and that would change my view of the lines of perspective.  As I was thinking this all through, I felt the Lord speak to me about how this is related to our perspective of our lives.  We view our lives from a certain perspective - one that is related to our past experiences, understanding and present situation.  As I looked back at recent situations in my life, I could almost see how my perspective was affected by my situation.  When I was struggling, I couldn't see beyond the struggle because I was so focused on it.  When I was feeling down, I couldn't see beyond the pit I felt myself in.


I could also see how differently God saw those situations - knowing He had a plan that was being  worked out, even when I couldn't see it.  I thought about how nice it would have been to have had His perspective!  I know that is actually His desire, that I would start to see things from His perspective.  His view is perfect. He sees all things.  As it says in Hebrews 4:13 "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."


Lord, help us to gain Your perspective on our lives and present situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment