Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blind Man Healed With Mud

This morning I was reading through John 9, and I was thinking about verses 6 and 7, which read, "After saying this, he (Jesus) spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes.  “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing."


I was thinking about how strange it was that Jesus spit into the dust, created mud and applied it to the mans eyes.  This was a man born blind, so likely He suffered some significant malformation of the eyes, like missing optical nerve, etc.  Clearly this was a creative miracle - He had new parts created for his eyes.


As I was thinking about this awesome story, I was reminded of Gen 2:7, which reads, "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."  I realized that in essence, Jesus was creating new eyes, in the same way that God created man in the first place.  I found the parallels very interesting, and I am sure Jesus meant the parallels to be drawn, as much of Chapter 8, Jesus is talking about how He came from the Father, and yet people do not believe Him.


Our God is truly amazing and truly God!  



No comments:

Post a Comment