Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

God's Promises - Like Treasure

This morning I was reading through Psalm 119 and came across verses 161 and 162.  They read, "...but my heart trembles at Your word. I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil (treasure)." As I read that verse, I was reminded of all the promises associated with righteousness I had recently been studying (see my earlier post).  Although interested in the promises, I didn't exactly feel like I had found treasure.  


Clearly there is a gap between my experience and God's purpose for His Word and promises.  I am encouraged when I read His promise - but not to the level I would if they were treasure. How great it would be if we fully comprehended God's word, His promises to us and His plan to fulfill those promises.  I think our lives would be lived out significantly different.


Lord, help me to rightly discern Your word and promise to me, that I might treasure Your word and respond to You accordingly.  That I might tremble at Your word - in anticipation of Your fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment