Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Promises for the Righteous

Yesterday morning I was reading Psalm 37 - one of my favorite psalms, when I noticed the fact that there were multiple promises and statements concerning the righteous.  I decided to look at them in more detail, and meditate on them. 


Here are some of them:


5 Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
   your vindication like the noonday sun.



25 I was young and now I am old,
   yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
   or their children begging bread.
26 They are always generous and lend freely;
   their children will be blessed.



29 the righteous will inherit the land
   and dwell in it forever.



30 The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom,
   and his tongue speaks what is just.
31 The law of his God is in his heart;
   his feet do not slip.



39 The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD;
   he is their stronghold in time of trouble.
40 The LORD helps them and delivers them;
   he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
   because they take refuge in him.



Finally, I was reminded of Paul's writing concerning our righteousness coming from the Lord, through faith in Him.   He wrote extensively about this in His letter to the Romans.  In Phil 3:9 he wrote, "...not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."


In other words, we are able to enjoy and claim the promises in Psalm 37, because of Jesus sacrifice and righteousness, which He extends to us, through faith.  What an awesome God we have, providing in Himself, that which we could never attain!

No comments:

Post a Comment