Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, August 11, 2011

When the World Starts Failing

This morning I was thinking about the present condition of the world, famines, financial upheaval, unrest and riots.  As I was praying I read through 1 John 5:3-5 "In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."  

In scripture, when something is said three times - it means God wants us to hear this message and understand it - its very important!   This passage has a clear message - as Christians we can overcome the World!  We don't have to let the world affect us, drag us down into panic or fear.  If we believe, if we have faith, if we stay in obedience we will overcome the world and its cares.

Jesus warns us of the coming unrest and turmoil and encourages us to stand firm in Matt 24:4-14.  In verse 13 He says, "but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved"  

As followers of Christ let us hold fast to God's word, trusting in Him, and resting in Him.  Psalm 33:11 says, "But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

God is unchanging!  We can count on Him, we can count on His word!  No matter the present situation or circumstance - God is good, loving and faithful!  We can lean on Him during these times, and let His peace settle over us!

No comments:

Post a Comment