Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, August 26, 2011

Mightier than the Pounding Waves

I was reading through some Psalms this morning and stopped at Psalm 93.  Verses 3-4 were very timely and topical as I was just reading of Hurricane Irene.  They read:


 3"The seas have lifted up, LORD,
   the seas have lifted up their voice;
   the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.
4 Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
   mightier than the breakers of the sea—
   the LORD on high is mighty."



As I was contemplating the potential damage caused by the Hurricane and its pounding waves, tidal surges and damaging winds, it was good to be reminded that God is infinitely more mighty and powerful than this.  


I was also reminded how Jesus with three words, stilled the wind and waves. (Mark 4:39)  Lord we pray that you would speak over Hurricane Irene and have mercy on the millions of people in harms way.

No comments:

Post a Comment