Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Are There Pets in Eternity?

The recent loss of our beloved pet had me thinking this morning and I felt led to examine this idea more closely.  Starting in Genesis 1:24-31 animals are clearly part of God's creation - and He considered all that He made good.  In Genesis 2:18-20 God indicates that part of the reason He made animals was to provide companionship to man.  I had read this before, but never saw the connection between God's creation of animals and the companionship we experience through our pets. 


In several other verses God speaks of His care for animals - specifically Ps 84:3; Psalm 104:24, 27-28 and Matt 6:26.  Clearly God cares for animals, and they are part of His creation.  The Hebrew word translated creatures in Gen 2 - actually means breath, life or soul.  This makes me believe that there is something unique about those animals that God thought of as companions when compared to the other Hebrew word that is used in Gen1 - which just means creature or animal.


Finally in Rev 5:13 it reads, "Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”  Here John clearly understands that there are creatures in Heaven, for all created things join in the glorification of Christ!  The Greek word used in this verse - is translated creature or created thing - with the emphasis on the creator!


I find myself comforted by all this, knowing that God had purpose in creating our pets, that they are part of His glorious creation, and as such have a place in His final plan for eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment