Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Is it God's Will to Heal, Always?

One of the questions that often is asked in the face of chronic illness is whether God wants to heal the afflicted person?  Especially when the continual prayers seemingly have no affect.  I was praying for people this week, pondering this question.  I was reading through Matthew's gospel, contemplating the fact that Jesus healed all the sick people that were brought to Him (Matt 4:24; Matt 8:16; Matt 12:15; Matt 14:6).   It is clear that Jesus healed all the sick that were presented to Him.  


I was also reading in Hebrews 1:1-3 which reads, "In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word."


Verse 3 states that Jesus was the exact representation of the Father.  In other words, what Jesus did, is exactly what the Father would do.  So if every sick person that came to Jesus was healed, this represents the Father's will and intent.  His will is to heal, let there be no doubt.  If the sick person if brought to Jesus - we can know that it's God's will to heal them.

No comments:

Post a Comment