Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Eyes to See

A couple of days ago I was praying and one of my cats, like usual, was wanting me to pay it some attention.  This particular cat loves to chase shadows. As we were playing, I had the thought that his ability to interact with me, totally depends on where he is looking.  If he is looking away, he doesn't see the movement of the shadow.  As I was thinking about this - I felt the Lord say that this is similar to our experience.  We need to be looking in the right place to see Him moving!  Our eyes need to be looking for Him and at Him, not at ourselves, our circumstances, or surroundings!


As I continued meditating on this I had a few scriptures pop into my mind.


Psalm 123:2 "As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master, 
   as the eyes of a female slave look to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he shows us his mercy.

Luke 10:23 "Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see."

John 4:35-36Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together."

So based on these scriptures our response should be to look actively to the Lord, rather than ourselves, that in doing so we will be blessed and see the opportunity for advancing the Kingdom all around us!

Lord, help me to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment