Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, October 14, 2011

Thinking Outside the Box

This morning I woke from an interesting dream which has Spiritual connotations.  In my dream I was in a class with several people and our teacher had assigned us several simple tasks.  The first task is the one that really stands out.  He had several bowling pins set-up and spread-out over a large area.  He gave us a tennis ball and asked us to try and get a strike (knock all the pins down with one throw or roll.  All of us tried to throw or roll the tennis ball to knock down the pins but were clearly unsuccessful.  Once we all failed, the teacher stepped forward and said, "Let me demonstrate how to do this task."  He then proceeded to place the ball between his knees, holding it in place, and walked to each pin and knocked it over, simply completing the task.  We were all dumb-struck at the simplicity of the solution.  None of us had thought outside the normal rules of the game of bowling.  


At that time I woke up and immediately thought of the verse from Isaiah 55:8, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD."  I thought about how true this was - as a perspective in any of God's actions.  Our perspective is so often limited by our understanding of how God has worked, or the way we think He would work.


Is 43:18-19 says, "“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?"  


Lord, help us to perceive Your action and not limit our perception to how we think you should act, or how we have experienced You acting in the past.  You are the creator and never stop creating.  



No comments:

Post a Comment