Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

God's Perfect and Beautiful Plan

This morning I was reading in Eccl 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end."  I was also reading Isaiah 52:5-6 which reads, "“And now what do I have here?” declares the LORD. “For my people have been taken away for nothing, and those who rule them mock,”declares the LORD. "And all day long my name is constantly blasphemed.6 Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I."

Isaiah 52 leads into the 'Song of the Servant' where Jesus' death is prophesied, along with the suffering He would endure, and the price He would pay for our redemption and atonement.  I was thinking how much greater God's plan was than the thoughts of men.  When Jesus came, the people of Israel were under Roman rule, and were longing for a Messiah who would come and set them free from this conquering nation.  They wanted a victorious warrior / King who would restore them as a true nation. 

God's plan was that Jesus would come and set them free from the kingdom of the enemy (Satan) and restore them to true relationship with Him.  Jesus established the true Kingdom of God through His death and resurrection.  He made the perfect sacrifice for forgiveness of sins and established a new and better Covenant.  The people of Israel were looking for a simple military victory - God had an eternal victory planned.  

How much more beautiful and perfect was God's plan?  In the history of man, God visited, paid the price for them all and provided a way that all men might know Him and have relationship with Him.  No man could have ever thought up a plan like this, or seen it through to completion!  God you truly are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment