Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Visitation, Redemption, Restoration and Glorification

This morning while praying, I was meditating on Jeremiah 29:10-14, and thinking about how God moves in the same way over and over again!  I wrote the four words of the title down as a quick synopsis of God's work through out Israel's history, and Jesus' ministry.


Jer 29:10-14 says, "This is what the LORD says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.


Col 1:13-14 says, "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."


I could probably pick just about any verse and point to one of these major themes, evident and clearly described. God is consistent in His love and action on our behalf.  He comes to us (either in word or in person), rescues and redeems us, and invites us into continued relationship with Him!


What other God gets personally involved, personally redeeming the ones He loves, providing for forgiveness of sins, through His own sacrifice!   Truly there is no other God like our God!  To God be all the Glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment