Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, October 28, 2011

School of the Holy Spirit - Part 3 - Study

This morning during my time with the Lord, I was reminded of the fact that one of the responsibilities of being in school is studying, in particular going back through my notes.  I started reading through my notes for the last three weeks and found I had already forgotten much of what the Lord has shown me during my morning times with Him.  I was even more amazed at how I had forgotten things He had shown me, even in the last 5 days.  


I was reminded of a few verses, the first in Psalm 119:11, 15-16 which reads, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you....I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word."  Here the psalmist writes of the need to hide God's word in my heart, and meditate on it, being careful not to neglect His word.  To me this sounds much like studying, delightful studying, but studying nonetheless.


The other verse is Isaiah 50:4 which reads, "The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught."  For me this is very pertinent, as I take my time with the Lord in the morning.  I am encouraged that He says He will waken my ears to listen as one being taught, because I am being taught.


I was thinking about how, so often in the past, I have not taken seriously my study of His word, and learning what He has been teaching me.  Lord, help me to become a real student, and all that entails, of Your word, and teachings!







No comments:

Post a Comment