Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, December 16, 2011

Love & Faithfulness

This morning I was reading from Proverbs 3:3-4 and spent some time just thinking about the verses.  They read, "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."

I imagined that love and faithfulness were like a sign hanging around my neck, the first things that a person would experience when encountering me.  Like the following image:


My prayer is that when a person meets me, they will experience both love, and ultimately faithfulness.  I recognize that so often my heart is not full of love, and instead often full of judgement or a critical spirit.

Lord help me to walk in accordance with Your Word.  Help me to be an example of love and faithfulness in this increasingly unloving and faithless society.

No comments:

Post a Comment