Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Prophetic Dream and Related Word - Restoration and Acceleration

Yesterday I had a dream, which seemed to last much of the night, it was a multiple phase dream that had to do with renovating a building and then we were preparing for a wedding there. Everything went faster than we planned and grew bigger than we planned. In one day all the major work on this building, which was an old service station was completed, including reworking plumbing, sewer, electricity, cement, etc. The guy I was working with was amazingly fast. I would be looking at something, talking about it, turn around and come back and he had finished it already, better than I would have imagined. As we built the building we decided to have a small wedding there. We gathered the people for a rehearsal, and there were at least twice as many people as I anticipated. Next we gathered for the final planning session and we separated out the children, so the adults could talk about the final plans. When I went to the back room where we were gathering, what should have been 1/3 full was completely full, and there were several young people, as in 10-11 year old, but after thinking about it, I thought it was appropriate to have them there too. We bought some BBQ for food and by the time we got back the numbers had at least tripled. We went to the back room to finish preparations, and someone said the wedding was starting. We went back to the main area, and it had grown in size to a giant auditorium that was packed with people, and a huge stage where the whole wedding party was gathered and they were just about to start. The funny thing was that I knew I was supposed to officiate, so I was running hard to get ready, and that is when I woke up.

I think in general this has to do with times of increase and acceleration happening all around us. There will be a quickening in the Spirit, where things that should take days and weeks are taking hours, deep works, and restorative works almost immediately. The thoughts we have about how big, or what our role will be are not big enough, we need to expand our visions, expand our thinking. The will be plenty for us to do, and we will be working with the Lord, for our efforts will have far more effectiveness than planned - we will be filled with grace, the power of God

Word:


This morning I woke up at 4:02 wide awake, thinking my alarm had just gone off. I was all ready to roll out of bed when I looked at the clock - and realized my mistake. I was able to go back to sleep. However, after I woke up for the day, I realized that the Lord might have been speaking to me and gave me 402 as a number to guide me in His word.

A quick survey of my Bible for page 402 and chapter 40:2 has some awesome things.

Page 402 is Ezra 5:2 where Zerrubabel and Jeshua start to work on rebuilding the house of God in Jerusalem!

Ezra 5:2 NIV
Then Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel and Joshua son of Jozadak set to work to rebuild the house of God in Jerusalem. And the prophets of God were with them, supporting them.

Exodus 40:1-5, 33-35 NIV
'Then the Lord said to Moses: [2] “Set up the tabernacle, the tent of meeting, on the first day of the first month. [3] Place the ark of the covenant law in it and shield the ark with the curtain. [4] Bring in the table and set out what belongs on it. Then bring in the lampstand and set up its lamps. [5] Place the gold altar of incense in front of the ark of the covenant law and put the curtain at the entrance to the tabernacle.

[33] Then Moses set up the courtyard around the tabernacle and altar and put up the curtain at the entrance to the courtyard. And so Moses finished the work. [34] Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. [35] Moses could not enter the tent of meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle."

Psalm 40 has the following verses:

Psalm 40:1-11 NIV
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. [2] He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. [3] He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him. [4] Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. [5] Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare. [6] Sacrifice and offering you did not desire---but my ears you have opened---burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. [7] Then I said, “Here I am, I have come---it is written about me in the scroll. [8] I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.” [9] I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, Lord, as you know. [10] I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly. [11] Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.

Isaiah 40:1-5 NIV
"Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. [2] Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins. [3] A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord ; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. [4] Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. [5] And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Jeremiah 40:2-4 NIV
"When the commander of the guard found Jeremiah, he said to him, “The Lord your God decreed this disaster for this place. [3] And now the Lord has brought it about; he has done just as he said he would. All this happened because you people sinned against the Lord and did not obey him. [4] But today I am freeing you from the chains on your wrists. Come with me to Babylon, if you like, and I will look after you; but if you do not want to, then don’t come. Look, the whole country lies before you; go wherever you please.”

Ezekiel 40:1-4 NIV
"In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth of the month, in the fourteenth year after the fall of the city---on that very day the hand of the Lord was on me and he took me there. [2] In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city. [3] He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze; he was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand. [4] The man said to me, “Son of man, look carefully and listen closely and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here. Tell the people of Israel everything you see. ”

So if I fit these verses together - there is a prophetic theme of restoration and building of the temple starting. The first set of verses from Exodus 40, are the setting up of the tabernacle, the very first place God chose to inhabit. The verses from Ezra are the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem, and Ezekiel is the vision of the future temple. If we look at the verses from Jeremiah and Ps 40 and Isaiah, we are being released, given a new song, and we are to prepare for the coming of the Glory of the Lord.

I feel that we are being invited to join with the Lord in rebuilding, restoring and renewing His House - the Body of Christ, the Church. If I combine this with my recent dream, I would say it will happen much faster than we can imagine, and with much greater effect, and better results than we could ever imagine.

Amen Lord! Let this future begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment