Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, October 11, 2013

A Song of Restoration - Zeph 3

This morning I am reading from the prophet Zephaniah, not one of my normal choices. However at the end of the book is this great set of verses, where the Lord promises restoration to Israel:

Zephaniah 3:14-20 NIV
[14] "Sing, Daughter Zion; shout aloud, Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, Daughter Jerusalem!
[15] The Lord has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm. [16] On that day they will say to Jerusalem, “Do not fear, Zion; do not let your hands hang limp.
[17] The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
[18] “I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.
[19] At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you. I will rescue the lame; I will gather the exiles. I will give them praise and honor in every land where they have suffered shame.
[20] At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honor and praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes,” says the Lord.
-
These are awesome promises for some day in the future for Israel, but the reality is that we live in that day now.

He has taken away our punishment, by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.
Jesus rose from the dead and is alive and present to those that believe. The Holy Spirit lives within us.
Fear is driven away by perfect love, and the Lord has expressed that perfect love in our lives.
The Lord is present and able to save all that come to Him.
The Lord rejoices over us!
He sings over us - His Body, His Bride, His sons, His daughters.

As I wrote that sentence I saw a picture of a father singing lullabies over his baby, that he was holding in His arms. That is how the Lord feels about us, totally in love, totally protective!

He does fight for us, as He has already destroyed the power of the enemy, sin and death.
He does gather us! He calls us by our names!
He is releasing healing and restoration in our midst!
He is restoring His Glory to us, His presence which is our real fortune, our real treasure!

Amen Lord, open my eyes to Your working all around me, and that which You are already doing in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment