Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

On Sinners...


This morning I was rereading some of Mark's Gospel and this one verse just grabbed me again - Mark 2:15 NIV: "While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him."

I love the fact that it so clearly states that many sinners followed Jesus. As I read this, it makes me ponder if we can say the same thing about the Church? Are sinners drawn to the Church, do they want to interact with the Church, does the Church have anything for them? Clearly this was the case with Jesus, so we must examine our representation of the Lord to the world around us.

Is our church welcoming of "sinners"? What is our approach to those outside the church, those in the world, those in trouble, those in need, those who are hurting? Do we offer relationship? Do we offer judgment? Do we offer a helping hand? Do we offer them life? Do we offer them hope? Do we offer them Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment