Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Flow of Thought During Prayer


Last night I was also thinking about how we want to step under Jesus authority when we are ministering.  We  are hidden in Christ (Col 3:3), and from that place  we can minister just as Jesus demonstrated, for we are ministering as Jesus.  Bill Johnson speaks of hosting the Presence of God, and this is that.  It is not like we put on the Holy Spirit like a cloak, rather we step into Him, and become hidden in Him.  We step into His presence, come under His authority and minister as His representative.  We don't really want to be like Him, but rather we want to learn be Him, learn to be hidden in Him.  I clearly don't grasp this reality Lord, but I pray that I would come to know and understand this in the fullest measure possible.

I was just thinking some more about this verse from Revelation 21:4 NIV:  "'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”  I was thinking about the fact that the old order that is passing away is the order that was established in Genesis, with the creation of Adam.  

Paul writes of Christ being the second Adam in this text from 1 Corinthians 15:45-49 NIV:

[45] "So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. [46] The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. [47] The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. [48] As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. [49] And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man."

Thus since Christ came as the second Adam, and established a new covenant through His sacrifice, He is the beginning of the new order of things.  In Revelations, we see Him coming and establishing His supreme rule over all the earth.  Here are a couple of sections from Revelations.

Revelation 19:11-16 NIV
[11] "I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. [12] His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. [13] He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. [14] The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. [15] Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. [16] On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
king of kings and lord of lords."

Revelation 21:5-7 NIV
[5] "He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” [6] He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. [7] Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children."

More on Being His cloak -  I was just thinking about the fact that we really just want to be like His cloak, that we would allow the Power of the Holy Spirit to flow through us and out to those that come to Jesus for healing.  The cloak was merely an avenue or conduit through which power ran, and our lives can be much the same.  He is the one moving, and we are in essence that which covers Him, that which the world sees.  It is His power, nothing that we possess, His will and purpose.  There is a realness to the prayer of less of me and more of You, in this model, for we want to be translucent so that people can see all of Jesus when they meet us, and very little of us.  Lord, help me to learn to be so in alignment with You that I am just like Your cloak.

No comments:

Post a Comment