Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, July 16, 2018

A Life of Heavenly Affluence

This morning I am reflecting on a couple of amazing verses from Paul's letter to the church in Galatia.  Here are the verses - Galatians 4:4-7 NIV:

[4] "But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, [5] to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship [daughtership]. [6] Because you are his sons [and daughters], God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba , Father.” [7] So you are no longer a slave, but God's child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir."

This is one of those verses that it would be good to read over and over again until the reality of it settled into our hearts!  We are God's sons and daughters!  He loves us like a Daddy!  He desires a Father / son or Father / daughter relationship with us.  REALLY!!!

In fact, He loves us so much that He made us an heir, as in, He wrote us into His will!  We will inherit eternal Life! (Matt 19:29) Even better this is not just limited to the  end of our life, but we get to experience this life even now!  What heir or heiress of a billionaire, lives out their lives in basic poverty here in the natural, on earth in our day?  If we think about the Walton Family whose father founded Wal-Mart, they all lived lives of significant affluence even before their father passed away.  In the same way, every rich family I know of, the heirs are living lives of affluence even before they inherit their main inheritance, after their parents pass away.  If earthly parents understand how to bless their children and heirs, how much wore does the Father!

I am reminded of a couple of verses from Luke 11:9-13 NIV:  “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. [10] For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. [11] “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? [12] Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? [13] If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

I am so encouraged to ask for more this morning  - more faith, more power from the Holy Spirit, more authority, more encouragement, more opportunities, more understanding, more hearing, more of Jesus in my life!  I am encouraged that the Father wants me to live a live of eternal affluence, even now!  I was just wanting to make sure I was using the appropriate noun, so looked up the definition of affluence from Websters:

1 a : an abundant flow or supply : profusion
    b : abundance of property : wealth
2 : a flowing to or toward a point : influx

1a: Think Holy Spirit!
  b:  Think Spiritual Gifts and fruit of the Spirit, and general fruitfulness in the Kingdom
2: Think of the lost, the lonely, the unsaved - all of this Holy Spirit empowered eternal life has been given to us to flow out of us to the them!

I am reminded of Jesus' words to the woman at the well in Samaria, "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified."  (John 7:38-39 NIV).

Amen!  Father, I ask for more that Your river of life, the living water would flow out of me!  Help me learn to live a life of heavenly affluence here and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment