Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Remembering the Deeds and Character of God

This morning, as I was reflecting back over this last year and looking forward into 2021, I was asking for a good verse to guide my thoughts and prayers, and was led to Psalm 77.  As I was reading through this psalm, I thought that this actually fits quite well with where I have been dwelling, at least in my mind.  

I think for many of us, 2020 was a rough year, and its in times like this that we can tend to turn our hearts away from the Lord, but in reality, we should be doing the exact opposite, turning towards Him, and remembering all the things that He has done in our lives

So, my encouragement this morning is to allow the thoughts of the Psalmist to lead us to remembering all of the good things the Lord has done, not just last year, but in the years past as well.


Psalm 77:1-15 NIV:

[1] "I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. 

[2] When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted. 

[3] I remembered you, God, and I groaned; I meditated, and my spirit grew faint. 

[4] You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak. 


[5] I thought about the former days, the years of long ago; 

[6] I remembered my songs in the night. My heart meditated and my spirit asked: 

[7] “Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? 

[8] Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time? 

[9] Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion? ” 


[10] Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand. 

[11] I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. 

[12] I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” 

[13] Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God? 

[14] You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples. 

[15] With your mighty arm you redeemed your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph." 


Yes Lord, You do great and awesome things.  You have been faithful and merciful and loving!  You have blessed us with abundance beyond measure!  You are the God who loves us, and who has not forsaken us!  Our hope lies in You, for it is not just in what you do, but it is in who You are Lord!!  Help us to turn our hearts and minds fully toward You!

Amen and Amen!

Blessings in this New Year,  Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment