Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Don't Disqualify Yourself

This morning I was reading through Luke 12:22-32 where Jesus is talking about how we worry about many things, but the Father sees and provides - verse 29-31 reads, "And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."   I was meditating on the fact that the Father is such a good Father, giving us the things we need.  I really like the next verse (32) which reads, "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom."  The reality of the kingdom is that this includes healing, miracles, deliverance, etc.  I was thinking about how amazing it is that God would choose to use any of us, let alone myself to further His Kingdom.  I am sinful, full or pride and selfishness, undependable and wholly not up to the task of being His witness, yet he chooses me (Eph 1:4).  I have disqualified myself many times due to weakness, sinfulness and general recognition of my lack compared to Christ.

As I was thinking these, I felt like the Lord spoke the following words of encouragement.

It is the Father's choice to make. Do not discredit or disqualify yourself.  He is the one who chooses.  In the same way that He healed differently many times, He chooses differently.  We cannot compare our lives and gifts to others that were called of God to see if we qualify or not.  In reality none would ever qualify, but God overlooks that and chooses us.  It's His choice and His free gift!

I guess if the Lord can choose and use someone who persecuted His church and oversaw the killing of His servant (Paul) or someone who is an illiterate, stuttering plumber (Smith Wigglesworth) than He can use me too.


Note: to be clear - during his young adulthood, God healed Smith or his stuttering, and he was able to read.  At first he could only read his Bible.  He became a plumber at 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment