Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Greatest Equation

The other morning I was reading 2 Corinthians 5:21, which reads, "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."  As I read this, I was overcome with the reality of what it says!  I decided to write it out in an equation format because it was so incredible:


Jesus Has No Sin --> He becomes Sin for us


We are full of sin --> We become the righteousness of God 


All this is made possible because Jesus became the perfect sacrifice. In Isaiah 53:10-12  God explains this incredible truth through the prophet Isaiah.  It reads,  


10 "Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer, 
   and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, 
he will see his offspring and prolong his days, 
   and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand. 
11 After he has suffered, 
   he will see the light of life and be satisfied
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, 
   and he will bear their iniquities. 
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
   and he will divide the spoils with the strong, 
because he poured out his life unto death, 
   and was numbered with the transgressors. 
For he bore the sin of many, 
   and made intercession for the transgressors."


Not only did He make intercession for us, but He invited us into His life - literally allowing us to become the righteousness of God!  I am sure this is one of the mysteries that we will never fully comprehend!  That we, through Jesus becoming sin for us, become, in God's eyes, righteous like He is righteous!  Incredible!

Jesus you are beyond comprehension in your awesome love for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment