Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Discovering God's Ways

This morning while praying my two cats were nearby, as usual.  They are very different, and I found myself thinking how I have come to know their ways (in other words - how they will act in a given situation), through my daily interaction and observations. Immediately after having that thought, I was reminded of a recent message I had heard speaking about Israel hadn't come to know God's ways, in spite of their wandering 40 years in the desert, seeing His works, signs and wonders.

I looked up ways in my Bible concordance, and was encouraged by Ex 33:13 where Moses prays the following, "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you."  This was followed by Deut 10:12 which reads, "And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul..."

I was thinking about how we can know God's ways so that we might walk in all of them, as we are encouraged to do in the verse listed above.  I was reminded of Jesus word's to Philip, when Philip asked Jesus to show him the Father (John 14:9-14), "Jesus answered: Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves."

In other words, if we look at Jesus, if we study the Gospels, we will see God's ways!  We need to focus on the person behind the works and miracles and come to understand His ways. We will see revealed to us, how God acts in given situations and circumstances, and we will come to know His ways.

Lord, help us to know Your ways, more and more!  That we might walk in Your ways all our days!  That we might rightly represent who You are to the world around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment