Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Watching, Waiting with Our Light On

Last night, I was reading from Luke 12:35-38 prior to going to sleep.  This verse is normally assumed to be pointing to Jesus' second coming, but as I was reading it, I felt the Lord give me some new insight.  The verses read, 


"Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36 like servants waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. 37 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the middle of the night or toward daybreak."


I felt like the Lord said, this is for your life now too! In light of our call to be His witnesses, letting our light shine before men (Matt 5:16), I think this verse can also apply to how we walk out our lives daily.  The Lord wants to come and minister Life through us, and will bring to us opportunities throughout our days.  If we are not prepared and ready, with our light already shining, we may very well miss those opportunities.  When He does come, all we need to do is provide the "open door".  We do this through relationship and our consistent loving witness to those around us!  He will come in and actually serve (do the work that needs to be accomplished), and we will be blessed!


Awesome!


For some continued mind-blowing revelation, I realized as I was reading this, that in some way this is a fore-shadowing of what Jesus did at the Last Supper.  He took on the role of the servant, washing the feet of the apostles, and then fed them, giving them the bread (His body) and the cup (His blood). The bread and cup represented the New Covenant, and His sacrifice which opened the way for us to be in relationship with God.  Literally tearing in two the veil (sin) that separated us from God.  Through this sacrifice Jesus made the way for us to share in "Eternal Life" and have the Holy Spirit actually indwell us!  


I could just keep writing....  Lord, help us to more fully understand this awesome reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment