Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, September 12, 2013

He Welcomed Them All


This morning I am reading from Luke 9:10-11 NIV:

[10] "When the apostles returned, they reported to Jesus what they had done. Then he took them with him and they withdrew by themselves to a town called Bethsaida, [11] but the crowds learned about it and followed him. He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who needed healing."

I was reading through this chapter in Luke, looking for something else, when these verses caught my eye. The context is that Apostles, those sent by Jesus, came back from their ministry trips. Jesus wanted to take some time them privately to hear more about their experiences, (at least that is how it seems to me). Anyway, crowds find out where He is, and flock to him.

I love the Lord's response, it says He welcomed them.

He had a different agenda which they interrupted, but He welcomed them!

He needed time alone with His Apostles, yet He welcomed them!

He was probably tired and needed some down time, yet He welcomed them!

They demanded His attention, yet He welcomed them!

The were very inconvenient, yet He welcomed them!

Finally after speaking to them about the kingdom of God, he demonstrated this reality by healing the sick, all the sick. From the next few verses, we know that the crowd was huge, so this no small undertaking. Jesus didn't hold back, didn't give them less than His best, and He met their needs.

I am encouraged and called on by this all. I am encouraged, because I know that He has the same heart for me, if I come to Him, He will welcome me. Secondly, I am called on to be more kike Him. I don't like interruptions, inconvenience or having my agenda changed, especially if I am tired. I need to change my heart and learn to welcome all that come, needing Jesus. I know that the Holy Spirit will fill up in me anything I am lacking. Lord, please help me to be more like You

No comments:

Post a Comment