Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, December 16, 2013

Grace for the Call

This morning I am reading from Paul's letter to the Galatians.

Galatians 2:7-8 NIV
[7] "On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised. [8] For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles."

As I was reading through this chapter where Paul is dealing with the law, grace and an early rift in the Church between Jew's and gentiles, I was drawn to these two verses. I think they identity a very important point, that God does call us for specific tasks, and gives us grace to accomplish these tasks.

There was, recognized in Paul's life, a certain grace, where it was evident that God was at work in His life to help him minister to the gentiles. This grace was present and evident in how God did miraculous works through Paul, in the strengthening and encouragement He gave to Paul, and in the fruit of Paul's ministry. I believe that we all have calling to specific people, to specific tasks, to specific purposes.

Many of us have many spheres of influence in which we operate and live, and I believe that we are called to be representatives of the Lord in those spheres. As Paul was called as an apostle to the gentiles, others were called to be prophets, pastors, teachers, administrators, servers, deacons, and such to the same groups, and so are we called. In general, I believe that we are called to be the Lord's representative to those closest to us, first, then to those who we relate to in our daily lives, before we are called to the larger people groups. However, none of us should think less of our calling than any other. Paul said in verse 6 of this same chapter, "God does not show favoritism". He is just as interested and engaged in our own little ministry spheres as He is with those called to the nations.

In summary, God has called us and has purposes for us all, and will give us grace, help, encouragement and ultimately the power we need to fulfill those calls and purposes. He will make this evident in our lives, and will produce the fruit that provides the evidence of these calls and purposes. Finally, no individual call or purpose is any less important than any other. God does not show favoritism, in other words He favors us all equally and makes the same resources available to us all! Let us press into the Lord, and ask Him to show us His purposes for our lives, and embrace the opportunities we have to represent Him to those we meet daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment