Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Wonder of Christmas


This morning I am reflecting on the wonder of Christmas.

Jesus we are so grateful for Your life, for Your humility in coming to earth and offering Yourself as the eternal sacrifice that paid for our sins and redeemed us all. We are reminded of the mystery of it all, how You became fully man, born of a woman, and yet were the creator of all. We celebrate Your love, affection and mercy, Your humanness and divinity. We celebrate the establishment of Your Kingdom, which has no end, and is ever increasing! Oh the wonder of it all!

Here are the words to a song by Charles Junkin which are quite appropriate:

O the wonder of the story Of the night so long ago, In the glimmer of the starlight And the whiteness of the snow, When the little Prince of Judah In His beauty came to birth, While the angels sang His glory And His sweetness filled the earth!

O the wonder of the story, Of the gladness none can tell, When the shepherds saw the rising Of the Star of Israel, And a light from out the manger, Reaching far and waxing strong Till it touched the darkened shadows And the world was wrapped in song!

O the wonder of the story, Of the tender joy supreme! O the mystery of loving And the sweetness of the dream! For the little head was pillowed On a mother’s loving breast, And the Father’s little children They shall find the perfect rest!

Merry Christmas! May the light of Christ fill your life with joy and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment