Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Love Letter From God

Last night I was reading from Isaiah and came across a few verses that are worth meditating on today.  Isaiah 43:1-7, 10-13 NIV:

[1] "But now, this is what the Lord says---
he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

[2] When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

[3] For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.

[4] Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.

[5] Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.

[6] I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth---

[7] everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. ”

[10] “You are my witnesses, ” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

[11] I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior.

[12] I have revealed and saved and proclaimed---
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses, ” declares the Lord, “that I am God.

[13] Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?”

I love the personal aspect of these verses.  If you ever want to read a nice 'love letter' from the Lord, these verses suffice nicely.  Just look at all the things the Lord promises and says about His people (we are part of that people through Christ). Here is my extract of those things:

HE created us
HE formed us
HE has redeemed us
We don't need to fear
HE will protect us
HE will sustain us
HE has called us by name
We are His (Children)
HE will be with us
HE will protect us
HE is our savior
We are precious in His eyes
We are honored in His eyes
HE loves us
We don't need to fear
HE is with us
HE calls us by His name (we are His family members)
He created us for His Glory
He formed us and made us
HE chose us as His witnesses
HE chose us as His servants (this is the same term He used when speaking prophetically about Jesus - Is 42:1)
HE is the only God
He is the only Savior
We can know Him
We can understand Him
HE reveals
HE saves
He Proclaims
HE is the only God
No one can take anything out of His Hand (We are in His hands, we are the work of His hands, He has inscribed our names in his Hand)
When He acts, no one can reverse it, no one can undo it.

We could just sit and think about any of these short phrases, for each of them has deep ramifications for us.  The very last verse, for example, really got me thinking.  Sometimes we think that there is a back and forth battle that occurs between God and the evil forces.  We think the enemy is able to win ground, to enact some sort of defeat on God's plan or purpose.  This is clearly not so, according to this statement God makes about Himself.  When He takes hold of something or someone, nothing in this world, seen or unseen, can break His grip.  When He does something, anything, it is completed and finished, and unchangeable. He will never be defeated, will never lose, will never even be challenged.  He alone is God.

A quick caveat - while the above is true, when we come to the Lord, He never constrains us or coerces us into relationship.  Our free-will is precious to Him because we are precious to Him.  He wants us to understand His love for us, all the things He will do for us, but He will not have us in relationship if we are unwilling. He will not hold us prisoners.  He, however, is always waiting, willing and loving.  We are His very creation, brought into being because of His love for us.

We have an awesome, loving God.  Let us entrust our lives into His hands - for there isn't a safer place in all the world!  He truly loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment