Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Today IS A New Day!

Today as I was praying, I felt like the Lord said, "Today is a new day!"

That might not sound like a big deal, but with the Lord, a "New Day" is very significant.  I was reminded of several 'new' verses:

Isaiah 42:9 NIV: "See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you.”

Lamentations 3:22-24 NIV:
[22] "... for his compassions never fail. [23] They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. [24] I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

Joel 3:18 NIV  “In that day the mountains will drip new wine, and the hills will flow with milk; all the ravines of Judah will run with water. A fountain will flow out of the Lord's house and will water the valley of acacias."

Amos 9:11, 13-15 NIV
[11] “In that day “I will restore David's fallen shelter---I will repair its broken walls and restore its ruins---and will rebuild it as it used to be,

[13] “The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills, [14] and I will bring my people Israel back from exile. “They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. [15] I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God."

Acts 2:14-18 NIV
[14] "Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. [15] These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! [16] No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: [17] “ 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. [18] Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy."

This "new day" is a day of announcement from the Lord, when He speaks new things into existence.  A day when we experience the new compassions of the Lord.  A day when we experience the provision of the Lord. A day of rebuilding and acceleration or His purpose and timing.  A day of fulfillment of purpose and a pouring out of the Holy Spirit, bringing forth God's word through prophecies, dreams, visions and understanding.

If you have been needing a "new day" in your life, today is that day!  Lay hold of the promise of the Lord, allow Him to show you what He is doing, for His plans are glorious.  He desires you to know His goodness.  He desires to free you out what ever dark situation you find yourself in.  The Lord is releasing "newness" to the earth, into His people, into our lives.  Let us look with expectant eyes, and listen with expectant ears, and trust with expectant hearts, for the new is coming.

Amen Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment