Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Revealing the Father

I was just reading from John's Gospel out of the seventeenth chapter.  This is really an amazing chapter, where Jesus is speaking very clearly about things, in essence lifting the veil so that we can see clearly.  The following three verses have caught my eye - John 17:6-8 NIV:

[6] “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. [7] Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. [8] For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me."

These three verse really capture well the ministry of Jesus towards the Apostles.  He is speaking to the Father, in the hearing of the Apostles, to help them understand.  First and foremost, He revealed the Father to them, and through them to us.  Everything He did and said came from the Father.

In Hebrews 1:3 is says He was the exact representation of the Father.  That is an amazing thing to think about - the life of Jesus on earth as recorded in scripture was the exact representation of the Father.  Everything  He said and did was what the Father would do.  It was because of what He said and did, that the Apostles believed He came from the Father.  Yesterday I was writing about the man who was born blind, but healed by Jesus, being able to believe that Jesus was from God, because of what He did.  In the same way, Jesus is reflecting here and pointing to His words and actions as the basis for the Apostles faith and belief that He came from the Father.

As we reflect on our lives, we are called to reflect and continue the ministry of Jesus, to represent Him, and through Him the Father, here on earth.  I look at my own life and there is so much that does not fit the example of Jesus.  My words, my actions, and my thoughts are often the result of my own selfish perspective, rather than the Father's.  My desire Lord is to operate with Your perspective and clarity.  My prayer is that I might, more and more, reflect You, Your love and Your heart to those around me.  Lord it is me desire that through my words and actions they might give the glory to You, and that I might faithfully reveal the Father to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment