Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Meditation

I was thinking about the best verses for Christmas and the following two came to mind -   John 3:16-17 NIV:

[16] "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

This is the reality we celebrate at Christmas.  The Father loved us so much, and desired relationship with us once again (something lost in the Garden of Eden) so he sent us His one and only Son, to save us from our condition (sin and separation from God).  Whoever believes in Him will receive eternal life which is found in relationship with Him.  As Jesus said, "Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." (John 17:3)

So let us celebrate our God's love, His greatest gift Jesus, our salvation and eternal life, found in Him!

Merry Christmas!  May You be greatly Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment