Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, January 22, 2016

Fresh Mercy and Compassion

This morning I am reminded of a great set of verses from the Book of Lamentations 3:22-24 NASB:

[22]" The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.
[23] They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
[24] “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I have hope in Him.”

This morning I felt like I just needed a start-over, a chance to clear the slate and start fresh and these verses popped into my head.  I love the fact that His compassions, His mercies are new every morning.  What an awesome God we serve.  He does not hold our sins against us, does not punish us for our past mistakes, instead, He renews His compassion for us every morning.

The Hebrew word that is translated compassions is the word Racham, and its definition:

1)  to love, love deeply, have mercy, be compassionate, have tender affection, have compassion

This is what we are greeted with each morning by the Lord, a fresh and new deep love, mercy and compassion. The word they used when translating the bible to Greek was a word that means feelings in the very bowels or womb.  I can imagine this being like the first time a mother feels the baby move inside her womb, there is a sense of wonder and her love that erupts, and I think God feels that way about me.

He is filled with compassion for me, and will never fail to have compassion for me.  No matter how many times I choose poorly, no matter how many times I think wrongly, no matter how often I settle for less than He has for me, His response is a fresh outpouring of compassion and mercy.  Wow!

Lord, I thank You for Your faithfulness, Your awesome love, mercy and compassion!  You are so good, I have no other hope than You!

No comments:

Post a Comment