Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, January 9, 2016

He is Worthy of Our Trust

This morning I felt like I should read from Ps. 37.  I love the following verses, and they are appropriate for me to meditate on today.

Psalm 37:3-7 NIV:

[3] "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
[4] Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
[5] Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
[6] He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
[7] Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;...'

I love the picture of God's blessing, and provision these verses paint.  If we trust in Him and delight ourselves in Him, committing to following His ways, He will bless us!  There is also a sense of waiting, knowing that maintaining a trusting attitude and focus on the Lord will be worth it.

I should say the the first two verse of this Psalm set the stage for these 5 verses - here is how the Psalm starts - Psalm 37:1-2 NIV:

[1] "Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong;
[2] for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away."

In other words, the psalmist is calling us to not compare ourselves to those that seem wealthy and rich, amassing great fortunes.  When we look around at the world there are many wealthy people who have amassed great fortunes, who know nothing of God.  They seem to have these great lives and seem to be happy and full of life. Our media is obsessed with the famous and wealthy and so we have their lives thrust before us for all to see. The psalmist is calling us to consider the final end of those who do not know God, their eternal destiny, and recognize that only those that trust in the Lord will truly see His blessing and righteousness.  We will ultimately be vindicated in our trust in Him.

Thank You Lord for Your encouragement this morning.  You are worthy of our trust, our delight and our commitment.  If we wait on You we will not be disappointed.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment