Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Experiencing God's Affection

So this morning, as most mornings, when I sat down to pray my animals all had to stop by for their dose of my affection.  As Dakota (our dog) came back for her fourth or fifth dose of petting I was reminded of Bill Johnson talking about how his sense of the presence of the Lord comes quickly when he endeavors to be the object of God's affection.  That it is in the place of intimate relationship that God quickly reveals His love and affection and blesses Bill with a sense of His presence (My words not his).

When my dog sits at my feet and leans back into my leg, my natural reaction is to pet her, to give her that affection she desires.  The same with my cats, if they come near, I will pet them and love on them.  I was thinking that God is much better than me at all of this, and that I can be assured of His love and affection for me, and that if I just rest I will experience His affection (rather than running all around trying to find affection and acceptance in whatever is around me.)  He loves me and desires that I know that deep in my heart and experientially.

I was reminded of a couple of verses.

Isaiah 55:1-3, 6-7 NIV:
[1] “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. [2] Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare. [3] Give ear and come to me; listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David."

[6] "Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. [7] Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon."

-and-

Hebrews 10:19-25 NIV:
[19] "Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, [20] by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, [21] and since we have a great priest over the house of God, [22] let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. [23] Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. [24] And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, [25] not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another---and all the more as you see the Day approaching."    

Lord, I thank You for Your affection and love!  I thank You that You are quick to respond to my desire for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment